How to setup UPS shipping module for Opencart?
UPS Shipping Module for Opencart is an e-Commerce platform module provides you to automate shipping by Displaying UPS Live Shipping Rates, UPS Label Printing, and Tracking. This Module supports for all Countries which accepts UPS Account.
United Parcel Service (UPS) is a multinational package delivery company. Along with the central package delivery operation the UPS is used to denote many of its divisions and subsidiaries, including its cargo airline (UPS Airlines), freight-based trucking operation, and retail-based packing and shipping centers (The UPS Store).
Steps to Installation
Step 1: Download the extension after purchase from My Account page.
Step 2: Install the module, input your UPS Account details, and enable UPS Shipping Method for Opencart.
Step 3: Go to module configuration page & enter all necessary UPS information’s. Pay Postage, Print Label, and Generate Tracking info from within Opencart order page.
Step 4: Add product weight dimensions with your product then only UPS will show Live shipping rates.
How to get UPS Access Key?
Click on the ‘Support’ button at the top of the page then click on the ‘Technology Support’ button. Click on the ‘UPS Developer Kit‘ link on the left side of the page. Click on the ‘Manage Access Keys‘ link. Click on the Request New Access Key’ link. Click on the ‘Request Access Key‘ button.
Get API Access from UPS
To get an UPS account information, Sign up with UPS.com to get an Account details. Register with My UPS.com and Log-in with your UPS credentials then Request for an access key.
After registration, you will get a User ID, password, Access Key, and UPS Account Number. You need to enter these details in the Settings (UPS Account information) shown above.
Test mode : By this option you can work around in UPS module. It will not affect in UPS account.
Live mode : It is actual production mode, you will have to enable this option once the site is live.
Enter the details like Shipper name, Company name, Phone number, E-mail address.
Address Line 1 & 2: Enter your shipper address information in the given fields. Remember to specify this address, as this will be used for calculating real-time rates.
City: Enter shipper city.
State: Enter shipper state.
Country code: Enter shipper country code.
Postal Code: Enter shipper postal code.
Rates and Services
Select the check box to enable the UPS real time shipping rates.
- Enable real-time rates – By enabling this option you will get live shipping rates from UPS in the checkout page.
Note: Disabling UPS shipping method only disables rates in cart/checkout page. Print label and shipment Tracking Functionality are still available to you.
1. List Rate : List rate is nothing but the normal rate i.e common shipping rate for all users.
2. Account Rate : This rate is a special shipping rate. This rate is provided by UPS for the specified users.
Following are the UPS services supported by our Opencart UPS Module:
Domestic services supported by the module are as listed below:
- 3 Day Select
- 2nd Day Air
- 2nd Day Air AM
- Next Day Air
- Next Day Air Saver
- Next Day Air Early AM
- Retail Ground (previously known as Standard Post)
- UPS Standard
- UPS Express
- UPS expedited SM
- UPS Express Plus
- UPS Saver
- SurePost Less than 1 lb
- SurePost 1 lb or Greater
- SurePost BPM
- SurePost Media
- Today Standard
- UPS Today Dedicated Courier
- UPS Today Intercity
- UPS Today Express
- UPS Today Express Saver
- First Class Mail
- Priority Mail
- Expedited Mail Innovations
- Priority Mail Innovations
- Economy Mail Innovations
- Access Point Economy
International services supported by the plugin are as listed below:
- Worldwide Express Freight
You can enable the desired services
UPS Shipping Packages
Choose Weight / Dimension unit:
You can either choose Pounds, Inches (LBS, IN) or Kilograms, Centimeters (KG, CM) for the package unit.
Choose Packing Item
1. Pack Items Individually: In this option, each item in the cart is packed separately and is the default option. The total shipping cost is calculated by adding the shipping cost for each item. The settings are as shown below.
2. Weight Based: If packing items individually does not suit your business, then you can define the required box sizes under the Box Sizes table. All cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in the Box Sizes table. A few boxes are populated by default, after the installation of the plugin. The best fit box is automatically chosen from the defined boxes.
Pack Item Individually
You can pack the individually based on three packing types. They are UPS BOX, FLYER, YOUR PACK.
Configure Weight Based
1. Maximum Weight/Packing : If Weight based packing is chosen then maximum weight of the package should be defined.
2. Choose Pack Type: You can choose the desired package type to pack the items accordingly.
By default you can print label as GIF label.
Front Office/Back Office Dev Log: This is for Developer Use only. This is used to print the Request and response at the front (Checkout Page) and back office (Order Page) for debugging.