How to setup FedEx shipping module for Opencart?
FedEx Corporation is an American global courier delivery services company. The company has expanded from its original focus on ground and air-based services to include home delivery options and a retail division, Internationally. With an array of shipping solutions available, you can send packages conveniently. You can choose the speed of FedEx Express, the everyday value of FedEx Ground or one of our flexible options for international shipping. This tutorial will give you an excellent launch pad to kick start the usage of Prestashop FedEx shipping Module. It will give you all the essential knowledge and step-by-step instructions.
Steps to Installation
Step 1: Download the extension after your purchase from My Account page.
Step 2: Install the module, input your FedEx Account details, and enable FedEx Shipping Method for Prestashop.
Step 3: Go to module configuration page & enter all necessary FedEx information’s. Pay Postage, Print Label, and Generate Tracking info from within Prestashop order page.
Step 4: Add product weight dimensions to your products to show Live shipping rates.
Get API Access from Fedex
To get the API access, you need to have Test account and Live account. By using Test account details, get real time rates and generate sample labels. After successful testing, contact FedEx to get the live access. The procedure is as given below:
Getting Test Account details:
1. You need to Register with FedEx to get Test Account Number, Test Meter Number, Web service Key and Web Service Password.
2. After Registration, You get Test Account Number, Test Meter Number and Web Service Key in your registered Email. You also get Web Service password in another Email.
Debug logs(Checkout Page) : This option is only for the developer to check the XML request and response messages at the Front Office.
Debug logs(Orders Page): This option is only for the developer to check the XML request and response messages at the Back Office.
Status : If the status Enabled then the extension is in active mode. If Disabled then the extension is not in active mode.
Enter the details like Shipper name, Company name, Phone number, E-mail address.
Address Line 1 & 2: Enter your shipper address information in the given fields. Remember to specify this address, as this will be used for calculating real-time rates.
City: Enter shipper city.
State: Enter shipper state.
Country code: Enter shipper country code.
Postal Code: Enter shipper postal code.
Rates and Services
Select the check box to enable the FedEx real time shipping rates.
- Enable real-time rates – By enabling this option you will get live shipping rates from FedEx in the checkout page.
- Show Estimated dates – By enabling this option you will get Estimated shipping date of delivery of your product at the checkout page.
- Residential Delivery – will get parcels delivered to residential addresses.
Note: Disabling FedEx shipping method only disables rates in cart/checkout page. Print label and shipment Tracking Functionality are still available to you.
1. List Rate : List rate is nothing but the normal rate i.e common shipping rate for all users.
2. Account Rate : This rate is a special shipping rate.This rate is provided by FedEx for the specified users.
Following are the FedEx services supported by our Opencart FedEx Module:
Fedex Shipping Packages
Choose Weight / Dimension unit:
You can either choose Pounds, Inches (LBS, IN) or Kilograms, Centimeters (KG, CM) for the package unit.
Choose Packing Item
1. Pack Items Individually: In this option, each item in the cart is packed separately and is the default option. The total shipping cost is calculated by adding the shipping cost for each item. The settings are as shown below.
2. Weight Based: If packing items individually does not suit your business, then you can define the required box sizes under the Box Sizes table. All cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in the Box Sizes table. A few boxes are populated by default, after the installation of the plugin. The best fit box is automatically chosen from the defined boxes.
Configure Weight Based
1. Maximum Weight/Packing : If Weight based packing is chosen then maximum weight of the package should be defined.
2. Choose Pack Type: You can choose the desired package type to pack the items accordingly.
Printing Size : This allows you to select the desired label size and format.
Output type : This allows to get the printed label output type.
[NOTE : If no label output is printed then please choose COMMON 2D to print the output label type.]
Label Output Format : This allows the printer to print in PDF format.
Drop Off type
- Regular Pickup – you already have an every-day pickup scheduled with a courier.
- Request Courier – you will call FedEx to ask for a courier.
- DropBox – you will drop the package in a FedEx drop box.
- Business Service Center – you will drop off the package at an authorized FedEx business service center.
- Station – you will drop off the package at a FedEx Station.
1. Yours_Packing : You can pack your packages according to your product dimension.
2. FedEx Box : You can pack your packages based on the boxes provided by FedEx.
3. FedEx Pak : For larger documents or other compact items. Total weight (including contents, documentation and packaging) must not exceed 2.5 kg. A special FedEx Pak rate applies up to this weight. Internal measurements: Height 30.5 cm, Width 39.4 cm.
4. FedEx_Tube : Self-sealing tube that’s ideal for drawings, blueprints, charts, photographs, fabric samples and any other items which are better rolled than folded. Internal measurements: Height 96.5 cm, Width 15.2 cm, Depth 15.2 cm. Weight limit: 9 kg. The minimum weight charged is 4 kgs.
5. FedEx_10KG_Box : A fixed rate via FedEx International Priority Service up till 10 kg. Internal measurements: Height 40.16 cm, Width 32.86 cm, Depth 25.8 cm. Bill Sender, Consignee or Third Party and Single Piece shipments only.
6. FedEx_25KG_Box : A fixed rate via FedEx International Priority Service up till 25 kg .Internal measurements: Height 54.76 cm, Width 42.06 cm, Depth 33.49 cm. Bill Sender, Consignee or Third Party and Single Piece shipments only.
7. FedEx_Envelope : Holds up to 60 unfolded pages of standard A4 paperwork. Total weight (including contents, documentation and the envelope) must not exceed 500 grammes. The special FedEx Envelope rate only applies up to this weight Internal measurements: Height 24.1 cm and Width 31.8 cm.
8. FedEx_Extra_LargeBox : Self-sealing box designed for customers who ship items internationally where the A-4 style is preferred .Internal measurements: Height 34.9 cm, Width 46.2 cm, Depth 7.6 cm. Weight limit: 9 kg.
9. FedEx_LargeBox : Self-sealing box designed for large stacks of paper, computer printouts, machine parts, etc. Internal measurements: Height 31.4 cm, Width 45.4 cm, Depth 7.6 cm. Weight limit: 13 kg. The minimum weight charged is 1 kgs.
10. FedEx_MediumBox : Self-sealing box designed for binders, books or large documents. Internal measurements: Height 29.2 cm, Width 33 cm, Depth 6 cm. Weight limit: 9 kg. The minimum weight charged is 1 kgs.
11. FedEx_SmallBox : Self-assembly box designed to hold a single reel of magnetic tape, small documents, catalogues, file folders, videotapes and CDs. Internal measurements: Height 27.6 cm, Width 31.1 cm, Depth 3.8 cm. Weight limit: 9 kg. The minimum weight charged is 1 kgs.
You can provide a description of the shipping contents. This description will be printed on all the printed documents and is usually required for security checks and customs.