How to setup DHL Express shipping module for Prestashop?
DHL Express Shipping Module for PrestaShop is an eCommerce platform module provides you to automate shipping by Displaying DHL Live Shipping Rates, DHL Label Printing, and Tracking & Commercial Invoice. This Module supports for all Countries which accepts DHL Account.
Steps to Installation
Step 1: Download the module after purchase from My Account page.
Step 2: Install the module, input your DHL Account details, and enable DHL Express Shipping Method for prestashop.
Step 3: Go to module configuration page & enter all necessary DHL information’s. Pay Postage, Print Label, and Generate Tracking info from within Prestashop order page.
Step 4: Add product weight dimensions with your product then only DHL will show Live shipping rates.
How to get DHL Credentials?
For getting Site ID and Site Password, countries other than United States (UK and rest of the world), should contact DHL account manager. The account manager must request integration with HIT TECH Market via DHL pre-sales department. The pre-sale department will then provide the live credentials.
For folks in United States, you need to write to email@example.com, along
For Australia, you are prompted to contact DHL Express via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. with your account details like account number, address, and so on.
Test mode: By this option you can work around in DHL module. It will not affect in DHL account.
Live mode: It is actual production mode, you will have to enable this option once the site is live.
Account number: Export account number from DHL account.
Site ID: This is the XML site ID provided by the DHL.
Site Password: This is the XML site ID password provided by the DHL.
Return account number: Import account number from DHL account.
SHIPPER DETAILS: Enter the details like Shipper name, Company name, Phone number, E-mail address.
Address Line 1 & 2: Enter your shipper address information in the given fields. Remember to specify this address, as this will be used for calculating real-time rates.
City: Enter shipper city.
State: Enter shipper state.
Country code: Enter shipper country code.
Postal Code: Enter shipper postal code.
RATES SECTION (FRONT OFFICE)
- Enable real-time rates – By enabling this option you will get live shipping rates from DHL in checkout page.
- Enable Local rates – By enabling this option you will get defined shipping rates from Prestashop carriers.
- Disable rates – By enabling this option you will not get any shipping price in checkout page.
Show/Hide: Enable this option to show your DHL account rates
Exclude countries: This option will hide shipping services of selected countries in the checkout page.
Whitelist customer from selected countries: Whitelist the customers from the above Excluded countries.
Following are the DHL services supported by our Prestashop DHL Module:
- DOMESTIC EXPRESS 12:00
- B2C (Service Code 2)
- B2C (Service Code 3)
- EXPRESS EASY (Service Code 7)
- EXPRESS EASY (Service Code 8)
- EUROPACK (Service Code 9)
- BREAKBULK EXPRESS
- MEDICAL EXPRESS (Service Code C)
- EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (Service Code D)
- EXPRESS 9:00
- FREIGHT WORLDWIDE
- DOMESTIC ECONOMY SELECT
- ECONOMY SELECT (Service Code H)
- DOMESTIC EXPRESS 9:00
- JUMBO BOX
- EXPRESS 9:00
- EXPRESS 10:30 (Service Code L)
- EXPRESS 10:30 (Service Code M)
- DOMESTIC EXPRESS
- DOMESTIC EXPRESS 10:30
- EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (Service Code P)
- MEDICAL EXPRESS (Service Code Q)
- GLOBALMAIL BUSINESS
- SAME DAY
- EXPRESS 12:00 (Service Code T)
- EXPRESS WORLDWIDE (Service Code U)
- EUROPACK (Service Code V)
- ECONOMY SELECT (Service Code W)
- EXPRESS ENVELOPE
- EXPRESS 12:00 (Service Code Y)
Not only does the module fetches real-time rates, but also provides an option to adjust those prices. The prices can be adjusted in terms of amount or percentage value. You can adjust shipping price by adding/subtracting the required amount to/from actual shipping cost. Use the minus sign (–) for subtracting the amount.
Choose Weight/Dimension unit: If packing items individually do not suit your business, then you can define the required box sizes under Box Sizes table. All cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in Box Sizes table. A few boxes are populated by default, after the installation of the plugin. The best fit box is automatically chosen from the defined boxes.
Just like the previous option, you can either choose Pounds, Inches (lbs, in) or Kilograms, Centimeters(kg, cm) for the package unit.
PACK ITEMS INDIVIDUALLY
In this option, each item in the cart is packed separately and is the default option. The total shipping cost is calculated by adding the shipping cost for each item. The settings are as shown below.
You can either choose Pounds, Inches (lbs, in) or Kilograms, Centimeters (kg, cm) for the package unit.
Choose your pack type:
You can choose the desired package type from the following options –
DHL Box: These are the most commonly used boxes for packing. These boxes are populated by default when you install the plugin.
Flyer: This option is suitable for Bound documents and Flat materials.
Your Pack: With this option, the item will be packed into a customized box, defined in your DHL accounts.
In this option, you can define your own boxs for packing your products. With module some pre-defined DHL box sizes will be present.
WEIGHT BASED PACKING
If packing items individually do not suit your business, then you can define the required box sizes under Box Sizes table. All cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in Box Sizes table. A few boxes are populated by default, after the installation of the plugin. The best fit box is automatically chosen from the defined boxes.
You can print labels in the following sizes:
- 8X4_A4_PDF: This option generates labels in an A4-PDF format with a size of 8 x 4 inches.
- 8X4_thermal: Generates labels with a size of 8 x 4 inches. It is suitable for ZPL2 and EPL2 format.
- 8X4_A4_TC_PDF: This option generates labels in TCPDF format with a size of 8 x 4 inches.
- 8X4_CI_PDF: This option generates labels in PDF format with a size of 8 x 4 inches for CI printers (compact printer).
- 8X4_CI_thermal: Generates labels in PDF format with a size of 8 x 4 inches for CI thermal printers (compact printer).
- 8X4_RU_A4_PDF: This option generates labels in an RU-A4-PDF format with a size of 8 x 4 inches.
- 8X4_PDF: Generates labels in PDF format with a size of 8 x 4 inches.
- 8X4_CustBarCode_PDF: Generates labels in PDF format with custom bar-code information of the size of 8 x 4 inches.
- 8X4_CustBarCode_thermal: Generates labels in ZPL2 and EPL2 format with custom bar-code information of the size of 8 x 4 inches.
- 6X4_A4_PDF: Generates labels in an A4-PDF format with a size of 6 x 4 inches.
- 6X4_thermal: This option generates labels with a size of 6 x 4 inches. It is suitable for ZPL2 and EPL2 format.
- 6X4_PDF: Generates labels in PDF format with a size of 6 x 4 inches.
Likewise, you can print labels in the following formats:
- PDF Output: Prints label in Portable Document Format, which is used to present documents independent of the application, software, hardware, and operating system.
- ZPL2 Output: Suitable for printing on Zebra branded printers.
- EPL2 Output: Suitable for printing on media of reduced space. Although it supports bitmaps (and therefore, arbitrary images), its use is usually for labels including bar-code information.
Enable/Disable: Tick the checkbox to enable desired functionality.
- PaperLess Trade (PLT): When enabled, DHL’s Paperless Trade service will be activated, and a receipt will be generated for the commercial invoice to customers.
DHL’s Paperless Trade service allows you to electronically transmit commercial and provides invoices, eliminating the need to print and physically attach them to your shipments. Moreover, it saves your valuable time when preparing your shipments. This free service will help you save paper and printing costs, and also making a positive contribution to the environment. Remember to use this feature, before your DHL account must be integrated with PLT service.
- Saturday Delivery (SD): This is a special service where shipments can be delivered on Saturdays as well.
- Cash On Delivery (COD): When enabled, shipments are created with cash on delivery options.
- Enable Default Service for Label Generation: When enabled, the same shipping service selected by the customer during checkout will be printed while generating labels.
- Enable Direct Download: Tick this checkbox to configure a single click download for labels and invoices, instead of following the traditional document printing procedure. This option is available only for PDF files. ZPL2 and EPL2 format labels will be downloaded regardless of whether this setting is enabled or not.
- Shipping content: You can provide a description of the shipping contents. This description will be printed on all the printed documents and is usually required for security checks and customs.
This setting is also present under DHL Express settings in Prestashop edit order page, while generating labels.
Company Logo: Allows you to set a custom logo for your shipment and return labels.
Duty payment: When transporting goods across international borders, shipments are subject to duties and taxes as determined by customs in the destination country. You can choose to whom the duty tax will be charged.
Following are the possible options:
- Third Party/Other (Some online store or customer may designate or enter into an agreement with a third party, in which the third party agrees to take over some or all of the tax withholding, reporting, payment responsibilities)
Archive air waybill: A DHL waybill is a shipping document that helps in services like ensuring package safety, customs clearance and works as a proof of consignment to track the shipment.
Tick this checkbox to send a waybill with every shipment label generated with DHL express. You can choose to print either one or two archive documents.
Tracking: Tick this checkbox to enable shipment tracking facility.
DHL Email service: Allows you to append additional message, that will be part of DHL email notification service.
Order status – shipped: When you enable this option once shipping label is generated order status will change into shipped.
Order status – delivered: when you install DHL Express tracking status along with this module the orders will be tracked automatically and gives the information about the orders.