How to setup Canada Post shipping module for Prestashop?
Canada Post provided service to more than 16 million addresses and delivered nearly 8.4 billion items in 2016 and consolidated revenue from operations reached $7.88 billion. Delivery takes place via traditional “to the door” service and centralized delivery by 25,000 letter carriers, through a 13,000 vehicle fleet.. This tutorial will give you an excellent launch pad to kick start the usage of Prestashop Canada Post shipping Module. It will give you all the essential knowledge and step-by-step instructions.
Steps to Installation
Step 1: Download the extension after your purchase from My Account page.
Step 2: Install the module, input your Canada Post Account details, and enable Canada Post Shipping Method for Prestahsop.
Step 3: Go to module configuration page & enter all necessary Canada Post information’s. Pay Postage, Print Label, and Generate Tracking info from within Prestashop order page.
Step 4: Add product weight dimensions to your products to show Live shipping rates.
Get API Access from Canada Post
To get the API access, you need to have Test account and Live account. By using Test account details, get real time rates and generate sample labels. After successful testing, contact Canada Post to get the live access. The procedure is as given below:
Getting Test Account details:
1. You need to Register with Canada Post to get User name, User Password, Customer Number and Contract ID.
2. After Registration, You get Canada Post to get User name, Customer Number and Contract ID. in your registered Email. You also get password in another Email.
Enter the details like Shipper name, Company name, Phone number, E-mail address.
Address Line 1 & 2: Enter your shipper address information in the given fields. Remember to specify this address, as this will be used for calculating real-time rates.
City: Enter shipper city.
State: Enter shipper state.
Country code: Enter shipper country code.
Postal Code: Enter shipper postal code.
Rates and Services
Select the check box to enable the Canada Post real time shipping rates.
- Enable real-time rates – By enabling this option you will get live shipping rates from Canada Post in the checkout page.
- Enable Rates with Tax – By enabling this option you will get live shipping rates added with the tax amount in the Checkout page.
Note: Disabling Canada Post shipping method only disables rates in cart/checkout page. Print label and shipment Tracking Functionality are still available to you.
Choose Packing Item
1. Pack Items Individually: In this option, each item in the cart is packed separately and is the default option. The total shipping cost is calculated by adding the shipping cost for each item. The settings are as shown below. CANADA Box: There are the most commonly used boxes for packing. These are the boxes which get populated when you install the plugin. Flyer: This option is suitable for Binded documents and Flat materials. Your Box: With this option, your item gets packed into customized box. For example, the shipping cost of Item X is £10. If the customer adds two quantities of Item X to the Cart, then the total shipping cost is £10 x 2, which is £20.
2. Weight Based: If packing items individually does not suit your business, then you can define the required box sizes under the Box Sizes table. All cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in the Box Sizes table. A few boxes are populated by default, after the installation of the plugin. The best fit box is automatically chosen from the defined boxes.
In this option, you can define your own boxes for packing your products. With the module some predefined Canada Post box sizes will be present.
Configure Weight Based
1. Maximum Weight/Packing : If Weight based packing is chosen then maximum weight of the package should be defined. You can choose the desired package type to pack the items accordingly.
Enable Signature: It requires signature for the package.
Printing Size : This allows you to select the desired label size and format.
Output type : This allows to get the printed label output type in in the following formats:
- PDF Output: Prints label in Portable Document Format, which is used to present documents independent of the application, software, hardware, and operating system.
- ZPL2 Output: Suitable for printing on Zebra branded printers.
Export Reason : You can give a reason for the products type that you export.
Non Delivery Handling
If the Product is not delivered to the customers then the following actions can be performed.
- RASE (Return At Sender’s Expense): If the package is not delivered then the sender is responsible for the return of the package.
- RTS (Return To Sender): If the package is unable to deliver to the customer then it should be returned to the sender.
- ABAN (Abandon): If the product is abandoned then it can’t be delivered to customer.
You can provide a description of the shipping contents. This description will be printed on all the printed documents and is usually required for security checks and customs
Following are the Canada Post services supported by our Prestashop Canada Post Shipping Module:
- Regular Parcel
- Expedited Parcel
- Xpresspost Certified
- Library Materials
- Expedited Parcel USA
- Priority Worldwide Envelope USA
- Priority Worldwide pak USA
- Priority Worldwide Parcel USA
- Small Packet USA Air
- Tracked Packet – USA
- Xpresspost USA
- Xpresspost International
- International Parcel Air
- International Parcel Surface
- Priority Worldwide Envelope Int’l
- Priority Worldwide pak Int’l
- Priority Worldwide parcel Int’l
- Small Packet International Air
- Small Packet International Surface
- Tracked Packet – International